Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mission Accomplished. We have a chicken coop!


Woo hoo. I am so proud of myself for getting this done this weekend. But most of all I am proud of the fact that we reused material to build it. All in all we only spent $30. This included about 25.00 for 2 sheets of plywood (one for the roof and the other for the back hatch) and hinges and a latch. Thats it. Everything else was reused from leftovers (other projects) or things we have picked up or accumulated over the years. I even already had the hay from our halloween party. Now all we need are the hens. I visited Lory (Pig Tales) this past week and she is in need of an electric fence to keep the wild pigs out to avoid more babies this year. Well I just happen to have one that we no longer need so I plan to trade her for some hens. So all in all this turned out to be a great project. I cant wait to get my chickens and start collecting eggs. Checkout my pictures!


Let me know what you think.


P.s. no making fun of my boots.

2 comments:

Janice Gillett said...

Thank you for helping Lory and great job on the coop!! I will suggest one thing is that you run boards all along the bottom so creaturs that kill chickens and steal eggs cannot dig udner so easy.

Love the boots!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aggie said...

Awesome!