Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mission Accomplished. We have a chicken coop!


Woo hoo. I am so proud of myself for getting this done this weekend. But most of all I am proud of the fact that we reused material to build it. All in all we only spent $30. This included about 25.00 for 2 sheets of plywood (one for the roof and the other for the back hatch) and hinges and a latch. Thats it. Everything else was reused from leftovers (other projects) or things we have picked up or accumulated over the years. I even already had the hay from our halloween party. Now all we need are the hens. I visited Lory (Pig Tales) this past week and she is in need of an electric fence to keep the wild pigs out to avoid more babies this year. Well I just happen to have one that we no longer need so I plan to trade her for some hens. So all in all this turned out to be a great project. I cant wait to get my chickens and start collecting eggs. Checkout my pictures!


Let me know what you think.


P.s. no making fun of my boots.

1 comment:

Janice Gillett said...

Thank you for helping Lory and great job on the coop!! I will suggest one thing is that you run boards all along the bottom so creaturs that kill chickens and steal eggs cannot dig udner so easy.

Love the boots!!!!!!!!!!!!