Sunday, June 29, 2008

organic, homemade weed killer

For those of us who do not want our kids exposed to harmful chemicals this homemade weed killer works out great. I have tried it out and it really does work. Be careful to avoid spraying it too close to anything you dont want to kill. Here is the recipe.

1 gallon of white vinegar
1 cup of table salt
1 tablespoon of dish soap (like dawn)

Mix everything together making sure that the salt is completely disolved. You can pour this into a spray bottle or one of those larger sprayers like you'd use for fertilizer. Spray the solution directly onto the weeds and they will wilt quickly.

1 comment:

Aggie said...

YES! I need this bad...my flower beds breed weeds like you would not believe. I will definately try this. LOVE THE BLOG! I'm with you on the being green thing!