Saturday, June 19, 2010

Help others get creative...

Those of you who know me know Chloe started at a new daycare a few weeks ago. One of the things I like best about the new school is they are smaller and it is more of a family environment versus very business oriented like her old school. One of my missions is to educate others in all of the possibilities there are in being more environmentally friendly. I mentioned to Chloe's teacher and the owner of the daycare one of my passions of reusing and reducing waste. She was very open to my ideas.

I have accumulated a ton of egg cartons from friends because of my chickens and selling the eggs so I got a few craft ideas together and started working on getting some projects ready for the kids in Chloe's school. I was actually able to provide enough supplies for the entire school (39 kids) not just her class. They were thrilled about the "ready made" project and that it cost them nothing. I was thrilled to share the ideas with them and get such a great response, especially considering I was sharing my passion of "reusing" with them and they were receptive to it. I encourage you to do the same thing. Its great that we reduce our own waste and make positive changes in our own lives but what are you doing to encourage others to do the same?

No comments: