Monday, February 23, 2009

My new years resolution...

So I have been thinking... I want to try and buy nothing new this year. So much goes to waste every year. Think about how many things you have laying around your house that never get used. I have slowly been thinning my "junk" out and donating to the Humane Society Thrift Store (which I shop at weekly!) and at the same time have been picking up things I actually need. So my resolution is this. I want to buy everything used this year. Clothes, toys, furniture etc... The exceptions to this will be food, gifts and home/car repairs. I buy mostly used as it is but I want to really challenge myself. We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know.

In the meantime, the chickens are doing great. They lay about every other day so I am not sure if that is going to be their schedule or if they are still adjusting.

My compost bin is doing great too. I am saving coffee grounds and my banana peels from work and of course putting my chicken poop in there too. Oh yah, and I am so excited, I found a rototiller for $10 on craigs list. It is a 4 hp and is self propelled. I am really getting close to planting this garden!! Thanks for reading.

No comments: