Monday, February 16, 2009

We've got chickens!!! We picked them up late Saturday. We have 2 hens and a rooster but are getting another hen. We actually had not planned on getting a rooster but this guy would not leave the girls side. Not to mention you all know how much I love roosters so I fell in love with him and couldnt let him go. They are transitioning quite well considering I had 2 eggs already this morning. It was pretty exciting. I heard the rooster crowing this morning while I was getting ready for work so I went outside, 5:30 in the morning in the pitch dark with a flashlight just to check. Did I mention that the coop is on the far side of the property?? LOL it was a great feeling to see my first egg laying there. I have been feeding them tons of scraps. I was bringing the scraps to the pigs before so they were not going to waste but it feels even better to feed them to MY chickens now.

No comments: